Hey Conduit Family,
You are not just an important part of what God is doing at Conduit Church, you ARE what God is doing Conduit Church. Whether you just arrived, or have been with us since the beginning, you are not here by accident. You are here at Conduit because God has a purpose for you and through you. Seriously, you’re not just here for what you are going to get, and we hope you are getting a ton, but for what you have to give. You are the answer to someone’s prayer.
In the past few weeks, we were hit with a two prong pandemic:
- One is biological. That’s what is being dealt with and every day we are learning more and more about what works to fight this in the physical.
- The other is spiritual. It has shaken our schedules and our priorities. Shaken off things that weren’t strong enough to hang on. That’s the promise of Hebrews 12:27. The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain. Verse 28 – Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our “God is a consuming fire.”
It has shaken many and taken away the very thing that makes us who we are as Christians, our strength in gathering and serving together. Because you’ve been cut off from others in the church, they are cut off from the Gift that God has for you to deliver. Your prayers, your wisdom, your very presence and conduit of the Holy Spirit has been stopped.
We believe that it’s time for us to open up some options at our church campus and based on the most recent guidelines from Governor Lee we believe we can stick our toes back in the water with some safe and sensible guidelines.
1 – Sunday LIVE (Facebook & YouTube)
- We will continue our Sunday at 10am livestream home church. We went from having no dreams of a multi video campus church to having about 200 campuses, home churches.
- With the social gathering guidelines of 10 or more, maybe you can consider joining another family or two on Sunday mornings.
- Consider inviting neighbors to watch with you, or put your TV on the patio and watch outside with neighbors or fellow Conduits.
2 – Prayer Chapel
Chapel – House of Prayer, Matthew 21:13 “my house shall be called a house of prayer”.
- Protecting the vulnerable.
- Praying as family units. Guided prayers. A journey.
- Bathing our community in prayer.
3 – Deeper Groups
- The most recent guidelines have suggested social gatherings stay in the no more than 10 people range. I know it’s complicated when kids are involved, but for those who can, this is 5 couples getting together. Maybe someone can watch your kids.
4 – Conduit CARES Mission Teams
- Sending teams to serve and love those who are vulnerable and at risk
- Keep your eyes on the conduit church FB and Website for opportunities
5 – Park & Praise Drive In Worship Night
- Sunday, May 17 at 5pm at Conduit.
- Drive in worship service.
We know how to mitigate these risks physically. The lifting of the government stay-at-home orders is to allow us to safely and sensibly engage.
You can stay at home and nobody would judge you. Please know that’s true. Or you can take some steps and change someone’s life, including your own. Let’s shake off the Netflix and Amazing binging, let’s throw off the irrational fear and move forward to regain the ground the enemy wants to steal.
Because YOU are what God is doing at Conduit Church, we hope you’ll take advantage of some of these opportunities to engage and allow yourself to be the Conduit of Jesus to the community in front of us.
Darren & The Conduit Staff